Business Owners look at the world differently than others…. because they invested their own money to create something, from a widget to mason company. In short, they are the last people to get paid.
Three questions to consider:
- Are there tools or strategies to help me manage cash flow?
- What are the pros and cons of incorporating as an S-corp.vs. as a C-corp.? Can I change once I have made the election?
- What process can I put in place to manage my fiduciary role with a retirement plan?
As business owners ourselves, we understand that the largest asset an owner has is his or her own business. We work with owners to diversify assets and partner with attorneys/accountants to create a succession plan.
According to the Family Business Institute:
- 88% of current family business owners believe the same family or families will control their business in five years
- Only 30% of family businesses survive into the second generation
- Less than 4% of all family businesses operate in the fourth generation or beyond.
We work with business owners, their accountants and attorneys to not only craft a proper succession plan but to flush out the details prior to making the decision of how the plan will be executed.
With ever changing tax laws, gifting exclusions and liquidity needs, our goal is to streamline the planning side so that you can keep your focus where it needs to be… on your company.